At a glance:
In the first 90 days, Watkins provides proven strategies that reduce the time it takes to reach the “tipping point” when your business needs you as much as you need their workThis new edition includes an important new preface by the author on a new understanding of career as a series of transitions; and address the growing need for effective and repeatable skills to navigate these changes. Also, updated statistics and new tools make this book more user-friendly and useful than ever.
• When you start a new role, you consume value and you need the time to ramp up. You begin to produce value as you get up to speed. The breakeven point is when your produced value equals to your consumed resources.
• Transition does not begin when you start your new role, it begins the moment you learn you are being considered for a new role.
• Some common mistakes of people transitioning into their new roles:
- Refuse to be open to new learnings and stick to what your previous experience
- Eager to get into action without understanding the full context of the new environment
- Set unrealistic expectations instead of clear and achievable goals
- Focus on the wrong type of learning--ignoring the culture and politics of the new workplace
- Neglect horizontal relationships and other key stakeholders
1. ThinkImpact.co does not have any direct relationship with the author and therefore receives no commission from any sale of the book.
2. When you purchase the book through our link, you are supporting our work. Thank you!