At a glance:
The previous version of the book has a different title:
Work Clean: The Power of Mise-en-place to Organize your Life, Work, and Mind
The book takes the concept of mise-en-place--a French culinary term that refers to the practice of preparing and organizing all ingredients and tools before beginning to cook--into productivity at work.
It suggests that by applying the principles of mise-en-place, such as planning ahead, breaking down tasks, and creating a designated space for each task, individuals can work more efficiently, avoid distractions, and ultimately be more productive. The book also encourages readers to focus on the present moment, which can help to reduce stress and increase concentration. Additionally, the author's use of examples from professional kitchens and other industries helps to illustrate the principles of mise-en-place and how they can be applied in different settings.
- Mise-en-place is a powerful tool for organization and productivity. It involves preparing and organizing all the necessary ingredients and tools before beginning a task, which helps to increase efficiency and reduce distractions.
- Mise-en-place can be applied to other areas of life beyond cooking, such as work and personal organization.
- The book encourages readers to focus on the present moment, which can help to reduce stress and increase concentration.
- The author offers practical tips and strategies for applying mise-en-place in different settings, including the use of designated spaces, breaking down tasks, and planning ahead.
- The book also emphasizes the importance of being prepared and taking control of your environment, rather than letting your environment control you.
- It also stresses on the idea that Mise-en-place is not about perfection, it's about being ready for anything.
- The author uses examples from professional kitchens and other industries to illustrate the principles of mise-en-place and how they can be applied in different settings.
- The book encourage to have a clean and tidy environment, it helps the mind to have a clear space.
1. ThinkImpact.co does not have any direct relationship with the author and therefore receives no commission from any sale of the book.
2. When you purchase the book through our link, you are supporting our work. Thank you!