At a glance:
Leaders need to have more influence. Unfortunately many leaders under-estimate the level of influence they can have. The book directly addresses this limiting belief.
Vanessa teaches readers how to harness their personal power and use it to influence others. The book is divided into three main sections: understanding influence, developing influence, and using influence. The first section explores the nature of influence, the second section focuses on how to build influence, and the last section teaches readers how to use their influence to achieve their goals.
- Understanding the difference between persuasion and manipulation and using influence ethically.
- Identifying and utilizing various types of influence, such as social proof, authority, and reciprocity.
- Learning effective communication techniques, such as active listening and empathetic language, to build trust and rapport with others.
- Developing a growth mindset and being open to learning and improving one's influence skills.
- The importance of understanding the person you are trying to influence, their motivations, and how to speak their language.
- The value of persistence and consistency in exerting influence over time.
- The book also emphasizes on the importance of self-awareness and self-regulation in the use of influence.
1. ThinkImpact.co does not have any direct relationship with the author and therefore receives no commission from any sale of the book.
2. When you purchase the book through our link, you are supporting our work. Thank you!