At a glance:
The book focuses on the importance of integrating mindfulness and values into the workplace. Kofman argues that companies that prioritize the well-being of their employees, customers, and the community will ultimately be more successful in the long run. The book offers practical advice and techniques for creating a conscious business culture, including developing emotional intelligence, fostering open communication, and aligning organizational values with personal values.
A particular helpful chapter is the one on the mentality of victim vs. player: a victim blames whatever happens to everything around them, while a player takes responsibility and creates agency to their desired outcome.
- A conscious business is one that operates in a state of active awareness, with the intention of creating value for all stakeholders: customers, employees, shareholders, and the community.
- A conscious leader is someone who is aware of the impact of their actions and decisions on others and who takes responsibility for creating a positive and meaningful work environment.
- A conscious business culture is one that values integrity, transparency, and accountability, and that encourages open communication, learning, and growth.
- Emotional intelligence is the ability to recognize, understand, and manage our own emotions, as well as those of others.
- Personal responsibility is the key to creating a conscious business. We are each responsible for our own thoughts, feelings, and actions, and for the impact they have on others.
- A conscious business is one that is not only profitable but also purposeful, that not only creates wealth but also contributes to the well-being of society.
1. ThinkImpact.co does not have any direct relationship with the author and therefore receives no commission from any sale of the book.
2. When you purchase the book through our link, you are supporting our work. Thank you!