At a glance:
Erin Meyer, a professor at INSEAD, draws on her extensive research and experience to identify the key dimensions of cultural difference and explain how they can impact communication, negotiation, and decision-making in international contexts. The book is well-researched, easy to understand, and offers actionable advice for anyone working in a globalized business environment. It is a valuable resource for managers, executives, and business students.
Some key takeaways include:
- Understanding the different ways in which cultures communicate, make decisions, and approach hierarchy can help to navigate cross-cultural interactions more effectively.
- The book identifies eight key dimensions of cultural difference, including communication, evaluation, trust, power distance, decision-making, time, and relationship.
- It's crucial to be aware of one's own cultural biases and assumptions when working in a globalized business environment.
- Be aware of the different communication styles of different cultures and adapting one's own communication style accordingly.
- Cultural differences can impact negotiation, decision-making and team management. The book provides strategies to overcome them.
- The best way to succeed in global business is to develop cultural intelligence or the ability to understand, appreciate and adapt to cultural differences.
1. ThinkImpact.co does not have any direct relationship with the author and therefore receives no commission from any sale of the book.
2. When you purchase the book through our link, you are supporting our work. Thank you!