At a glance:
The book provides a clear and comprehensive understanding of microaggressions, which are subtle but harmful acts of discrimination.
The authors define microaggressions and explain how they can be both intentional and unintentional, and they provide examples of microaggressions in different settings such as the workplace, education, and healthcare.
The book helps us to identify, address, and preventing microaggressions--a very useful tool for any organizations. The writing is also easy to read.
An interesting twist to the book comes from an HBR article that suggests we should retire the term "Microaggression": https://hbr.org/2022/03/we-need-to-retire-the-term-microaggressions
- Understanding the impact of microaggressions: The book highlights the negative impact that microaggressions can have on individuals, including physical and mental health effects.
- Identifying microaggressions: The authors provide examples of microaggressions in different settings, such as the workplace, education, and healthcare, and offer strategies for identifying microaggressions in these contexts.
- Addressing and preventing microaggressions: The book offers practical strategies for addressing and preventing microaggressions, both on an individual and organizational level.
- Intersectionality: The book highlights how microaggressions can be experienced differently based on different aspects of identity, including race, gender, sexual orientation, and more.
- Leadership and change: The book covers how leaders can drive change, create more inclusive environments, and hold themselves and others accountable for preventing microaggressions.
- Empowering and educating: The authors encourages readers to educate themselves and others, and empower individuals to speak up and take action against microaggressions.
1. ThinkImpact.co does not have any direct relationship with the author and therefore receives no commission from any sale of the book.
2. When you purchase the book through our link, you are supporting our work. Thank you!