At a glance:
Backed by solid research on the different areas of listening, this book will transform how you look at listening. The bottom line: People who listen actively and attentively tend to be more successful in their personal and professional lives.
The book provides practical tips and techniques for becoming a better listener, including how to prepare for a conversation, how to ask open-ended questions, and how to give feedback. Additionally, the author also delves into the more advanced techniques of deep listening, which is the process of understanding the underlying meaning of what is being said, and reflective listening, which is the ability to reflect back to the speaker what they have said in order to clarify understanding.
Here are some of the statistics from the book:
- Most people only retain 25% of what they hear
- The average person speaks at a rate of 125 to 150 words per minute, but can listen at a rate of up to 400 words per minute.
- Listening is the most used communication skill, making up 45% of our daily communication.
"Listening is not just hearing words; it's also hearing the silence behind them."
1. ThinkImpact.co does not have any direct relationship with the author and therefore receives no commission from any sale of the book.
2. When you purchase the book through our link, you are supporting our work. Thank you!