At a glance:
A classic, giving tools and techniques to having effective conversations with the stake is high.
The book provides tools such as the "Mood Log" and the "ABC Model" to help readers manage their own emotions during a conversation and to help them understand the other person's perspective. Additionally, the book provides strategies for resolving conflicts and reaching mutually beneficial solutions.
Some key points include:
- The importance of understanding and managing emotions during crucial conversations.
- The use of "active listening" to understand the perspectives of others and build common ground.
- The use of "I-messages" to express oneself in a way that is non-threatening and non-judgmental.
- The use of "tentative language" to make it easier for others to engage in dialogue and avoid defensiveness.
- The importance of "safety" in creating an environment where people feel comfortable enough to share their thoughts and opinions.
- The importance of "clarifying questions" to make sure everyone is on the same page and to avoid misunderstandings.
- The use of "summarizing" to ensure that everyone has heard and understood what has been said.
- The use of "brainstorming" to generate a wide variety of ideas and options.
- The importance of "agreements" to create a shared understanding and to move forward.
- The importance of "action" to turn agreements into results.
1. ThinkImpact.co does not have any direct relationship with the author and therefore receives no commission from any sale of the book.
2. When you purchase the book through our link, you are supporting our work. Thank you!